Princess Lodge by Bernice Graham
Ray and Dustin Everett from Brandon were visiting last week with Ethel Bowles.
Joyce Heaman and Norma Millar travelled to Nipawin on Monday and returned Sunday, July 28, visiting with Marilyn Kinnear and Calvin.
Miniota by Bev Peel
The Miniota Drop-In has undergone an interior and exterior facelift thanks to the hard work of volunteers.
Work on the exterior of the Drop-In and the shed includes - brick work, facia, ramps, sign, and painting, done by David Lawrence, Rudy Leroy, David and Kyle Buchanan, Jenny Copet, and Wade Browning.
Don Armitage repainted the shuffle floor while the rest of the recreation floor was painted by Faye Campbell.
Grants from Prairie View Municipality and the Government of Manitoba helped to make this all possible.
A big bouquet to the Miniota Drop-In for their diligence and hard work in providing activities and entertainment for the community.
Events between January-August 2019
- 132 days of morning floor shuffle with hot coffee served.
- 60 days of afternoon cards with delicious lunches.
- 7 monthly birthday parties with cake provided by seniors taking turns. At 4 of these parties we had entertainment - trip reviews and singing.
- 4 musical gatherings.
- 1 by Miniota Services for Seniors.
- 1 tea/bake sale followed by a music group.
- 3 potlucks, one after music in the park, two followed by games.
- Summer outdoor games in Memory Garden.