Pipestone 4H Beef club hosted the Virden Zone Communications competition on Monday, Feb. 27. Despite the poor road conditions, there was a great turnout and the club would like to thank the Pipestone Lions Club for use of the Hall and the Pipestone Drop-In Center.
Competitors from six clubs, Pipestone Beef Club, Oak Lake Beef Club, Lenore Beef Club, Archie Beef Club, Archie Horse Club and Virden Variety Club.
Judges for the evening were Carla Slimmon, Val Forsyth, Kathy Welsh, Andrew Brereton-Waller, Regan Brereton-Waller, Kim Mackenzie, Carrie Tapp and April Willis
Here are the results:
Cloverbud - One Person Visual
1. Dylan Tapp - Potato Stones (Pipestone)
Junior - One Person Visual
1. Jo-Hannah Logan - STARS (Oak Lake)
2. Landon Timchishen - Quartz (Virden)
1. Addison Van Meijl- Being a Goalie (Lenore)
2. Paige Penner - Dance (Pipestone)
3. Peyton Landels - My Disney Trip (Pipestone)
1. Will Elliott - My Billet Experience (Lenore)
2. Keightley Stewart - Walk Ride Rodeo (Archie Horse)
3. Laney George - Walt & Roy (Lenore)
1. Leah Mytopher - The Mystery of Oak Island (Lenore)
2. Lucas Henrion - My Hunting Experience (Pipestone)
1. Coralee Anderson - Food Waste (Lenore)
2. Julianna Ludlum - Travel (Pipestone)
In each category the top two will go on to the Brandon area communications competition Mar. 18.