The Superintendent report included resolutions to support some staff leave requests. The board approved the leave of absence request for Hanna Cantelo, Jesse Goertzen, Kristy Rasmuson and Jason Taylor.
The Secretary-Treasurer shared some preliminary budget numbers for the 2023-2024 budget year. An update on current inflation and consumer price index figures was reported. Information was shared on an employee assistance program being researched on behalf of school divisions by the Manitoba School Board Association. Virden Collegiate Institute received $33,000 in grant money from the Skills Strategy Equipment Enhancement Fund to replace some equipment in the power mechanics program.
The Supervisor of Operations provided updates on operations and staffing from both the transportation and maintenance departments. Resolutions were presented to approve payment for the ongoing costs of the HVAC/rooftop unit replacement program at various schools around the division.
The Board of Trustees reviewed policy CCA – Organizational Chart. (Citizen complaint authority). This policy was amended and approved.
The following payments were approved:
- Maxim Truck and Trailer of 7,402.37 for the repair of bus 41.26.
- LRB Electric of 15,356.16 for the completion of Elkhorn school ventilation project.
- LRB Electric of 12,570.36 for the completion of VCI ventilation project.
- LRB Electric of 6,283.20 for the completion of the Goulter ventilation project.
- MNK Mechanical Services of 28,238.43 for the completion of the VJH roof top unit.
- BGE Indoor Air Quality of 5,740.63 for RTU air filters.