“We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup.”
And that’s exactly what Buddy the Elf did while preparing breakfast in the 2003 movie Elf — with the addition of some spaghetti and a chocolate Pop-tart.
In recent weeks several restaurants across North America have added that sweet spaghetti concoction to their menus in celebration of not only the holidays, but also the 15th anniversary of the movie.
The film follows the story of one of Santa’s elves who heads to New York City after discovering he was taken to the North Pole by accident as a baby. That’s when Buddy sets out to find his birth father.
But, you don’t have to “pass through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly-twirly gum drops and then walk through the Lincoln Tunnel” like Buddy did to buy a plate of this saccharine sweet spaghetti when you can make it at home with this easy recipe.
Buddy the Elf’s Breakfast Spaghetti
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 8 to 10 minutes
- Serves one
- 1 serving of spaghetti
- Chocolate syrup
- Maple syrup
- ¼ cup Red and green M&Ms
- ½ cup mini Marshmallows
- 1 tbsp. rainbow sprinkles
- One chocolate Pop-Tart
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions
- Drain spaghetti and pour onto an appropriate plate or shallow bowl
- Sprinkle the M&Ms, mini Marshmallows and sprinkles over the spaghetti
- Drizzle on chocolate syrup and maple syrup
- Toast a chocolate Pop-Tart for toast and break it into pieces across the plate