Prairie View Municipality regular meeting was held at the Miniota Chambers on May 26.
Members present were Clark, Bertram, Butler, Fulcher, Howard, Salmon, Oliver and Wilson (late). Staff present: CAO Jensen, CFO Collier and Administrative Assistant Bonner
Mrs. Susan Poppel, Secretary-Treasurer of the Miniota Community Centre, attended the meeting to present their request for financial consideration.
• Council accepted, with regret, the resignation of Jenna Shwaluk as relief Utility Operator.
• All members of Council are authorized to attend the Mid-Western June District meeting to be held in Arden, MB on June 17 and that registration and outof- pocket expenses be compensated as
per Remuneration and Reimbursement By-Law No. 2015-3.
• Council appoint the following Fire Chiefs for the respective fi re departments with Prairie View Municipality: Nick Young - Miniota Fire Department; Kevin Hickman - Birtle Fire Department
• Council accepted the website proposal dated March 22, 2015 from Municipal Websites for the re-development of a municipal website in the amount of $7,709.40 plus taxes which includes the
first year of hosting and support.
• Councillor Howard excused himself from the meeting for the discussion and decision on Business Item 8.6 Pasture Leases.
• Reeve and CAO were authorized to enter into the following lease agreements for a three year period from the 1st day of May 2015 to the 30th day of April 2018 for purpose of leasing pasture land: Willem Meulenbelt - SW 35-15-27 W.P.M. excluding the municipal gravel pit; Elaine Kestirke - NE Portion East of C.N.R. and SW 34-14-27 W.P.M.; Earl Thompson 1) NE 17-14-27
W.P.M. 2) NW 17-14-27 W.P.M. 3) SE 17-14-27 W.P.M. 4) SW 17-14-27 W.P.M.; T8 Ranch 1) SECTION 30-14-27 W.P.M. 2) S ½ 31-14-27 W.P.M. 3) W 1/2 22-14-27 W.P.M.
4) SECTION 21-14-27 W.P.M. and 5) SECTION 20-14-27 W.P.M.; Warren Edmundson - West & Below Uno Bridge SW 34-14-27 W.P.M.
• Council continues the selling of natural resources from municipally-owned land effective immediately to all residents of Prairie View Municipality at the current rates; and all necessary
municipal permits be applied for from the municipal office.
• Council of the Prairie View Municipality hereby accept, with regret, the resignation of Debbie Jensen as Chief Administrative Officer.
• Council will provide a grant of $100 each to the Hamiota, Birtle, Foxwarren and Virden Agricultural Societies.
• The CAO be directed to sign the program acceptance for the Farmland Beaver Damage Control Program for 2015.
• Council authorizes the Reeve and CAO to sign the Memorandum of Understanding between Prairie View Municipality and Yellowhead, Hamiota, Rossburn, Ellice-Archie, Russell-Binscarth, Riding
Mountain West and Wallace-Woodworth municipalities and the Town of Virden.
• Ian Fouillard has been hired on a fulltime permanent basis for the position of Public Works/Utility Operator and Joe Scratch for an indefi nite term position of Public Works as per the Offers of
Employment dated May 26, 2015; the remuneration established be according to the former Town of Birtle Collective Agreement.
• Council will provide a grant of $5,000 to the Beulah Community Hall to assist with ongoing renovations; and that the said funds be transferred from the former
RM of Miniota Recreation and Culture Reserve Fund.
• Council gave By-law # 2015 10, being a by-law to set the municipality's authority on all drainage works that affect municipal infrastructure including the roads, ditches and existing new approaches, first reading.