Mark the calendar! Saturday, Dec. 1 is the special day that Virden Community Chamber of Commerce has set for the Christmas in Virden celebrations.
- Virden Animal Hospital for a pet photo with Santa 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Movie matinee – Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation 2:00 p.m. at the Derrick Theatre
- Santa Claus Parade – 6:00 p.m.
- Memory Tree Light-up at Flower Attic & Gifts - 7:00 p.m.
- Christmas sing-along with the light-up
Don’t miss the parade!
Parade Marshall Herb Warkentin is the go-to for this event, but you don’t have to pre-register. Just show up at the rodeo grounds just off of Lyons St. E.
Memory Tree Light-up
Virden & Area Memory Tree Association donation boxes are out in Virden’s downtown businesses. For a $5 donation you can have a light turned on in memory of a loved one who has passed on.
For the light-up, lights and song sheets are distributed to the crowd. Every year a singing group leads Christmas carolling.
It’s an event you can’t be over-dressed for – best attended in ski pants, toque and mittens. Even a warm winter night is nippy when you are standing still.
This beautiful tree will shine throughout the Christmas season. The donations go to the Virden Cemetery for the upkeep of the well-treed grounds.