Virden and Melita RCMP, RCMP National Weapons Enforcement Support Team (NWEST), and Winnipeg Police Service conducted a joint investigation into unlawful possession of firearms.
On April 18, at approximately 11:25 a.m., with the assistance of the RCMP Emergency Response Team, a search warrant was executed at a property just outside Melita.
Officers searched the residence and seized over 30 prohibited, restricted and non-restricted firearms, ammunition and a small quantity of cocaine.
Regan Breemersch, 26, from the RM of Brenda-Waskada, has been charged with:
· Possession of a loaded Restricted/Prohibited Firearm x 3
· Weapons Possession Contrary to Order x3
· Possession of a Firearm when knowing Possession is Unauthorized x5
· Possession of a Firearm with a Tampered Serial Number x 3
· Unsafe Storage of Firearms x2
· Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
· Possession of Cocaine
RCMP continue to investigate.