A number of new school staff have been hired for next year with resolutions at the Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees, Monday, May 10, held via Zoom.
Those Present: Chairperson Garry Draper, Vice-Chairperson Craig Russell, Kayla Moore, Darcy Campion, Nicole Chaske, Marg Walker, Superintendent of Schools Barry Pitz, SecretaryTreasurer Kent Reid, Supervisor of Operations Neil Murray.
With no delegations and no business arising from the minutes, the administrative reports were presented by the Superintendent, Secretary-Treasurer and Supervisor of Operations.
The Superintendent’s report included several staffing motions, an update on the division’s Recognition Evening plans due to COVID and a review of the recent COVID announcements and their impact for FLB division.
The Secretary-Treasurer presented his report with a resolution to approve the amended collective agreement with the Fort la Bosse Teachers’ Association and an update on bargaining with UFCW and support staff.
The Board of Trustees reviewed the minutes of the committee of the whole meeting held earlier that day, (May 10).
In New and unfinished business, the Board of Trustees reviewed a letter received from the Minister of Education intended to remind school divisions of their obligations to limit spending to amounts identified in division budgets. This is another example of the concern trustees have - losing the flexibility to make these decisions locally with community support. The Board also received an update on the information discussed at the recently held MSBA Region 1 meeting where each division was represented by their Board Chair/Vice-Chair. This meeting was held to discuss the proposed Bill 64 legislation as a region.
We are continually updating our website with information and articles on the proposed changes to education in Manitoba. This information can be found on the home page under ‘Sweeping Changes in Education’ section.
A number of resolutions by the Board of Trustees received unanimous adoption for school staff changes. They are:
- 1.0 FTE Cassidy Gardiner commencing May 17th, 2021 and concluding June 30th, 2021.
- 1.0 FTE Hunter Bennie commencing May 17th, 2021 and concluding June 30th, 2021.
- 1.0 FTE Taylor Nahachewsky commencing May 17th, 2021 and concluding June 30th, 2021.
- 1.0 FTE Troy Leslie commencing Sept. 7th, 2021 and concluding June 30th, 2022.
- 1.0 FTE Kaylin Hall commencing September 7th, 2021 and concluding June 30th, 2022.
- 1.0 FTE Leave of Absence for Kristin McLeod commencing Sept. 7th, 2021 and concluding the first day of the 2022/2023 school year.
- Leave of Absence for Maureen Ross commencing September 7th, 2021 and concluding June 30th, 2022.
- The Board of Trustees accepted, with regret, the resignation of Airdrie Poole effective June 30th, 2021.
The Board of Trustees approved the signing of the amended Collective Agreement with the Fort La Bosse Teachers’ Association for the period July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2022 and detailed in the Secretary-Treasurer’s report dated May 10, 2021.
The Board of Trustees approved the division office hours of operation for May 25 to August 27, 2021 as detailed in the Secretary –Treasurer’s report dated May 10, 2021.
Motion to adjourn came at 8:40 p.m.