Regular Council Meeting Minutes: July 17, 2018
- Council approved a report on the ARBI (Assiniboine River Basin Initiative) Meeting and Tour to Minot June 19 and 20, 2018 as presented by Terry Johnson.
- Chamber of Commerce Grant. Council approved a $1,000.00 sponsorship to the Virden Community Chamber of Commerce 30th Annual Downtown Daze for 2018.
- The Town of Virden agreed to sponsor a hole at the 1st Annual Big 3 Wellview Fundraising Golf Tournament to be held on August 10, 2018, in the amount of $250.00.
- Conditional Use Application No. CU-03/2018 was approved to allow for the placement of a Canvas Shed in a "MB" Industrial Business Zone, subject to certain conditions.
- Conditional Use Application No. CU-04/2018 was also approved and will allow for the placement of an Indoor Participant Recreational Service in the "MB" Industrial Business Zone, subject to certain conditions.
- Request for Speed Radar Board in Virden. The Town of Virden will request Manitoba Infrastructure place a speed radar board on Thomas Drive in the vicinity of the corner of King Street West and Thomas Drive and on Hwy 257 by Virden Collegiate Institute.
- The Town has agreed to act as the sponsor for the transportation service for mobility disadvantaged persons operated by the Virden & Area Handi-Van Committee.
- The Town of Virden approved the purchase of a New Kubota Zero-turn Mower as quoted by Morris Sales and Service at the price of $25,700 plus taxes, totaling $29,041.