As of Tuesday, Feb. 16, Manitoba’s total COVID patients in ICU are down to 26 and the number of people who are coming forward for testing on Monday was just under 1,400.
On today's public broadcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhWYjwUJHfo Dr. Brent Roussin discussed new variants found in seven tests and the process involved in further sequencing these to dprovide more information about the variant coronavirus samples.
Public health officials advise four additional deaths in people with COVID-19 are reported today:
• a male in his 60s from Winnipeg health region;
• a male in his 70 from Winnipeg health region, linked to the outbreak at St. Boniface Hospital unit B5;
• a male in his 90s from the Winnipeg health region; and
• a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region.
The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.9 per cent provincially and 4.5 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 167 new cases of the virus have been identified. These include cases from the holiday Monday and Tuesday. However, one case has been removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 166 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 30,932.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• 13 cases in Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 93 cases in the Northern health region;
• two case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• eight cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 51 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
The data also shows:
• 1,625 active cases and 28,432 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 86 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 144 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 230 hospitalizations;
• 13 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 13 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care for a total of 26 ICU patients; and
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 875.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,390 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 503,523.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/.
Possible exposure locations are listed online by region at the province’s #RestartMB Pandemic Response System webpage. For up-to-date information on possible public exposures to COVID-19 in regions, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/flights.html#event and click on your region.
The online COVID-19 self-assessment tool can be found at https://sharedhealthmb.ca/covid19/screening-tool/ and COVID-19 symptoms can be found at https://manitoba.ca/covid19/fundamentals/symptoms.html.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 in Manitoba, visit www.manitoba.ca/COVID19.
For up-to-date information on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System, visit: