- Break-in at McAuley still under investigation
- During the week of August 19th to August 26th, 2019 the Westman RCMP dealt with 91 police activities.
- August 19 - RCMP were called to a report of an assault with a weapon in Sioux Valley. The suspect was also found to be breaching court ordered conditions. Upon locating the suspect, the subject tried to flee from police, but after a brief foot pursuit he was taken into custody.
- August 19 - RCMP received a call of a break and enter to a job site at the RM of Wallace-Woodworth. A number of tools were stolen and the matter is under investigation.
- August 19 - RCMP received a report that several vehicles had been vandalized in Virden.
- August 21 - RCMP received a call of a break and enter to a business in McAuley. A quantity of liquor and cigarettes were stolen. The matter is under investigation.
- August 23 - RCMP conducted a vehicle stop on Highway #1 in the RM of Wallace-Woodworth. The driver was found to be disqualified from driving, received a ticket and had their vehicle towed.
- August 24th - RCMP received multiple reports of a male armed with a machete and running around in public screaming in Sioux Valley. The intoxicated 22-year-old male subject was located and arrested and is now facing charges of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose and failing to comply with conditions.
- August 25 - RCMP conducted a check-stop on Highway 257. A vehicle was stopped during the check-stop and the driver was found to be consuming liquor and his driver’s licence was suspended for 72 hours after blowing a warning on a roadside screening device.
© Virden Empire-Advance