The week of Dec. 9th – 16th Westman RCMP dealt with 42 police activities.
- Dec 10 - RCMP received a report of a break and enter and theft of power tools in Virden. The matter is under investigation and if you have any information on this, please call the Virden RCMP or Crime Stoppers.
- Dec 12 - RCMP conducted a vehicle stop in Virden and a driver, 37, from Winnipeg was found to be disqualified from driving. He was charged and his vehicle was impounded.
- Dec 13 - RCMP responded to a motor vehicle collision on Highway #1 in the RM of Wallace-Woodworth. A vehicle ran into the back of a semi travelling in the same direction due to poor visibility from snow on the roadway. No injuries resulted.
- Dec 14 - RCMP were called to a business in Elkhorn where it was reported that a female was intoxicated and causing a disturbance. RCMP found a 32- year-old from Alberta who was on conditions not to consume liquor. She was arrested, lodged and faces charges of failing to comply with conditions.
- Dec 14 - RCMP were called to attend a residence in Sioux Valley to a report of a 41-year-old intoxicated male with a knife, causing problems in the residence. Police attended and found the intoxicated subject. Investigation revealed no knife was involved, however the subject was removed from the residence to prevent any further breach of the peace.
- Dec 15 - RCMP were called to a report of a disturbance at a residence in Sioux Valley. A female, 19, was intoxicated and throwing items around and causing a disturbance. She was arrested and lodged until sober.