The Rm of Pipestone held a regular meeting June 8. Members and staff present were: Reeve Archie McPherson, Councillor James Watt, Councillor Garnet Williamson, Councillor Gary Nicholson, Councillor Randy Henuset, Councillor Sheila Kuntz Kotylak, and CAO Michelle Halls.
• The accounts in the amount of $982,815.98 were ratified paid.
• Subdivision on part of SE 36-7-28 WPM was approved with the following condition: a conditional use order be obtained to provide for the location of the non-farm dwelling within the “AG” zone.
• The following changes be made to 2017 Council Committees: RM of Pipestone Handivan – add Debbie Smith and Brian Zarn.
• THe Municipality received donations from various individuals and will make grants to the following:
Ebor Cemetery - $1,035; Pipestone Rink - $200; Reston Memorial Theatre - $1,050; Pipestone Playground Project - $10,384.86; Reston Memorial Park - $650; RM of Pipestone Splash Park and Recreation Development Committee - $3,000; Sinclair Hall Committee - $1,008; Reston Rec Plex - $1,000; and RM of Pipestone - Reston 125 - $3,000.
• SInclair Lions were granted $1,000 for the purchase of fireworks for Canada 150 celebrations.
• the RM of Pipestone will pay $5,621 to the Reston Memorial Theatre Board for the purchase of Safety & Liability items.
• Resolution 2016 12 26 will be amended to read “purchase of a parcel of land on the SE 8-7-26 WPM in the amount of 115 feet 115 feet for a total price of $3500.” And furthermore an additional $2,000 will be forwarded to the land owner immediately.
A regular meeting was held for the RM of Pipestone on Aug. 10. Members and staff present were: Reeve Archie McPherson, Councillor James Watt, Councillor Gary Nicholson, Councillor Garnet Williamson, Deputy Reeve Randy Henuset, Councillor Sheila Kuntz Kotylak, Councillor Sean Kirkpatrick, and CAO Michelle Halls.
• Aaccounts in the amount of $531,770.79 were ratified paid.
• Section 252(2) of The Municipal Act provides ‘A charge referred to in Section 252(1)(a) may be collected by the Municipality in the same manner as tax may be collected or enforced under this Act'; hence unpaid Water Accounts will be added to the properties serviced.
• Council approved the installation of eavestroughing and downpipe, to be cost shared on a percentage of ownership basis, with Hometown Lumber; and furthermore all future repairs will continue to be discussed and approved by Council prior to completion.
• CAO and Manager of Finance and Administration are authorized to attend the Manitoba Municipal Administrators Association Fall District Meeting to be held in Brandon, MB on Sept. 15 with expenses paid.
• The Municipality has received donations from various individuals and will make grants to the following: Pipestone Playground Proejct - $3,226.50; RM of Pipestone - Splash Park – Recreation Development Committee - $2,400; and Reston Memorial Park - $100.
• At 6:00 p.m. Carol Graham from Manitoba Habitat Heritage Corporation attended the meeting to explain their report on a proposed road construction project between NW 1-8-28 W and NE 2-8-28W.
• The RM will provide sewer service to the west side of Road 160N adjacent to SW 16-7-27, at no charge to the property owner; and the connection to the sewer main line be at the property owner's expense.
• Council accepted the recommendaiton of the the Pipestone Rink Board to lease the Pipestone Rink restaurant to Wanda Grant O/A "Comeback Cafe" on a one year term.
• Council appointed Reeve McPherson, Blair Williamson and Lisa Jones to a Senior Housing Committee to establish a Senior Assisted Living Housing project in the Municipality.
• The RM will commit to 25% of the cost of the replacement door project for the Woodnorth Community Club to a maximum of $754.22 ($3,771.11 x 25%) under the capital grants program.
The RM of Pipestone held a public works meeting on Aug. 24. Members and staff present were: Reeve Archie McPherson, Councillor Gary Nicholson, Councillor Garnet Williamson, Deputy Reeve Randy Henuset, Councillor Sheila Kuntz Kotylak, Councillor Sean Kirkpatrick, and CAO Michelle Halls.
• The RM agreed to have no objections towards the Ducks Unlimited Canada & Tony Van Workum (NW 2-8-28 WPM) Conservation Agreement.
• Subdivision on part of SE 08-07-26 WPM proposal was approved without conditons.
• Two councillors have been authorized to attend the EMS Facility Closure Technical Briefing to be held in Brandon, MB on Sept. 5, 2017 with expenses paid."
• The RM has agreed to support the application of the Recreation Development Committee to the Community Places program for construction of a man-made lake in LUD of Reston.
• Council approved the following quote from Even Spray & Chemicals Limited for a motroized backpack sprayer (TWISTERXL3) and chemincal in the amount of $4,200.
• Council approved the installation of steel culverts through 168W & 53N at SE 36-9-29W and through 47N at SE 33-8-29W; and furthermore all costs of the project are to be borne by the applicant and as approved by Manitoba Sustainable Development.
• Council approved the construction of a seasonal road at RD 165W (between 165W and 52N) to Municipal standards in accordance with Manitoba Sustainable Development regulations.