The total number of new cases in Manitoba on Tuesday, Feb. 23 is 68 and public health officials advise no additional deaths in people with COVID-19 have been reported today.
Today’s COVID-19 data shows:
• seven cases in Interlake–Eastern health region;
• 21 cases in the Northern health region;
• one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• zero cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 47 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
The data also shows:
• 1,212 active cases and 29,453 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
• 85 people in hospital with active COVID-19 as well as 131 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require care, for a total of 216 hospitalizations;
• 12 people in intensive care units with active COVID-19 as well as 21 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, for a total of 33 ICU patients;
• the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 886; and
• the total number of confirmed B.1.1.7 variant of concern cases is five.
Laboratory testing numbers show 1,390 tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 515,792.
Additional data related to COVID-19, including data on outbreaks as well as some downloadable and historic data, can be found at https://geoportal.gov.mb.ca/.
Outbreaks have been declared at St. Boniface Hospital unit A5 and Poseidon Care Centre, both in Winnipeg. The facilities have been moved to the Critical (Red) level on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System.
Outbreaks have been declared over at River East Personal Care Home and Deer Lodge Centre, both in Winnipeg, and the dialysis unit at St. Anthony’s General Hospital in The Pas.
Public health officials advise of a possible exposure on Perimeter Airlines flight JV639 on Feb. 17 from Garden Hill to St. Theresa’s Point to Winnipeg, 9:30 to 11 a.m. Any person concerned about their exposure to or risk of having COVID-19 should call Health Links–Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or (toll-free) 1-888-315-9257 to be screened to see if a test is required. For up-to-date information on testing sites, visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/locations.html.