The hot dry weather continues to provide ideal conditions for fires to spark and spread quickly.
Wallace District Fire Department was called out to a fire on Saturday, Aug. 4 near Woodnorth that began in a baler and spread to the field.
Chief Brad Yochim says a farmer was baling straw when the baler caught fire and the flames spread to the field, bushes and some bales.
Reinforcements had to be called in from Reston fire department. Firefighters were on the scene for four hours putting out the flames.
On Saturday evening, there was another grass fire that went out of control, this one on Goodridge Road in Virden.
Yochim says the owner of a car had been welding a piece of steel and threw the metal in the grass behind the car.
The overheated metal eventually started the grass on fire which spread to the car, a demolition derby car with no insurance. It was quickly extinguished.