Prairie View Municipality held a regular meeting on Jul. 25.
• The Municipality authorized the hiring of Ted Koroscil for the position of Relief Utility/Public Works Operator effective Jul. 22.
• Permission to Monarch Colony was granted to continue to haul waste collected to the Foxwarren Lagoon providing that they enter a service agreement with the Municipality and a municipal rate of $10.00 per 1,500 gallons is received.
• The Road 74N Reconstruction Project has been revised and retendered.
• The CAO has been authorized to send letters to Crescent Point and Tundra Oil & Gas requesting financial support up to 25% of the total cost of the Road 74N Reconstruction Project.
• The following recommendations from the Public Works Committee meeting on Jul. 20 have been approved:
1) Culvert to be replaced at NW 1-17-25W on Road 145W;
2) To send a letter to Ducks Unlimited regarding the Birtle Drainage Group Application to acknowledge support for surplus water to be drained as identified in Policy TS-007;
3) To place Municipal Road Reconstruction Project 155W in 2018 construction budget;
4) To approve approach application NW 3-15-27 (Lindenbach) and SE 7-15-26 (Lindenbach) as per policy;
5) To amend dust control policy TS-006 to state gravel must be completed one month prior to dust control application and application deadline to be March 31st;
6) To deny drainage application from the Monarch Colony on N 1/2 7-18-26W;
7) To create policy for standards on municipal ditches.
• Applicant Russell Redi-Mix Concrete (Alex Gray), representing the landowner Frank Bonchuk of the property legally described as SE 10-18-26W in the Prairie View Municipality, have applied to the Mid-West Planning District for a Conditional Use Permit to provide for the establishment of a gravel pit within the "AG" Agricultural General Zone; and applied for a Variation Order Permit to request a variance from the required side yard setback of 25 feet (North property boundary) to 0 feet.
Council approved the Conditional Use Permit # 09-PV-17 and Variation Order Permit #09-PV-17; the applicant is responsible to obtain all permits required from the Mid-West Planning District.
• Applicant South-Man Engineering representing the landowner Monarch Holding Co. Ltd. of the property legally described as the SW 35-17-27W in the Prairie View Municipality, have applied to the Mid-West Planning District for a Conditional Use Permit to provide for the establishment of a sewage lagoon within the "AG" Agricultural General Zone; and according to R. M. of Birtle Zoning By-law No. 2010-02, Part 4 Table 4.1, requires a Conditional Use Permit.
Municipality approved the Conditional Use Permit #10-PV-17 subject to the following conditions:
1) Environmental License is applied and obtained for the development and operation of the Lagoon
2) Development Agreement is applied and obtained for the drainage of effluent into Municipal Ditch identified as Road 101N ; andthe applicant is responsible to obtain all permits required from the Mid-West Planning District.
• Municipality authorized the CAO to approve the BellMTS Municipal Rights-of-Way Application as per plan number 937293 dated Jul. 10, 2017.
• Authorization for the CAO and administration/financial staff to attend the MMAA district meeting on Sept. 15, 2017 in Brandon was given, and that the Municipal Offices will be closed on this day.
• Council authorized the following to attend the MMAA training sessions:
Sept. 29 (Brandon) - Municipal Bylaw Enforcement - CAO
Dec.(Brandon) - Public Works/HR for Managers - PWM Stu Duncan
Jan. 2018 (Portage) - Finance - Charlene Bonchuk, Laurelle Fleury, Anna Allen
Oral and Written Communication - Carol Bonner.