Sharon Johnson on pulpit supply at Elkhorn United Church on Sunday, Oct. 6, told us all to “show gratitude”. So I would like to show gratitude to our local paper, Virden Empire-Advance.
In the last two issues (Sept. 27 and Oct. 4) they have been giving honour to all our local heroes. Thank you for that!
Sept. 27 issue:
- Kelvon Smith, by Anne Davison
- Bert Cosens, by Anne Davison
- John Graham, by Heather Reimer
- Virden Oilmen’s Golf Tournament
- Peter Galawan, by Heather Reimer
- Virden Food Cupboard from Sunrise Credit Union
- Robin Wark: Sports heroes like Oil Capitals veterans and rookies, Elkhorn’s Mikayla Frattinger, BU Rugby Club, Kola’s Dustin Siemens, Westman Wolverines Football
Oct. 4, 2019 issue:
- Virden event promotes culture, community by Heather Reimer
- Students protest climate change, by Heather Reimer
- Murals for Manitoba’s 150th, by Heather Reimer
- Artist Terry McLean, by Anne Davison
- Kudos to the Oil Caps! Kudos to the firemen!
- Training ground of our ancestors, by Anne Davison (I didn’t even know this existed before I read the article!)
- A Happy Ending by Holly Draper’s British Home Children, an amazing story
- Artist Naomi Gerrard by Anne Davison, “Multigrains of Energy”
- New Turtle Mountain Bible Camp building
- Smile Cookies for Food Cupboard, by Anne Davison
- Brad Cole coaching Briercrest Clippers, by Anne Davison
- Virden’s Zane Anderson with Regina Thunder, by Robin Wark
Kudos to you all!
All the pictures that go with the above articles are excellent! I also want to give a big kudos to all the community reporters.